Wednesday, October 10, 2007

No more excuses

I have decided to stop making excuses for not blogging regularly. Of course, the fact that I work in a Japanese company and spend a considerable amount of time on trains suffering the odor of drunken old Japanese businessmen may have something to do with my absence from the blogging world. But anyway....

From now on, I will only post a blog once a year. The date and content will be unannounced. The tale, whether fact or fiction, elegantly written in my classic style. Those of you either lucky or bored enough to stumble onto my little niche in this world wide web at precisely the right moment will be bestowed a gift beyond gratitude.

Disclaimer: I may feel motivated now and then and post several blogs a year. Whoo.

Oh, and another thing. I won't hide it. This blog is all about ME. Not anyone else. Not about Japanese or East Asian culture. Not about travel and adventure. Just me. Let's drop the facade, people; we wouldn't be here right now if we didn't enjoy talking about ourselves and having the rest of you read about us. This is, after all, the "Me" generation... us with our own little "niches in this world wide web". Who are we fooling anyway? The internet has no boundaries. It's ethereal. Neither physical nor temporal. Can we really carve niches out of nothing? Nothing save a bunch of 1's and 0's, at least.

With all that said and done, stay tuned for the next series of 1's and 0's about me and my life and the things that only I care about.

Cheers.

No comments: