
I'm rather fond of Chinese snacks. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the English description for this particular bag of snacks:
"Chongqing Strange-Taste Horsebeans."
Chongqing is a port city in central China along which runs the Yangtze River. The name means "double celebration" in Chinese. Among it's sister cities include Seattle, Hiroshima, and Toulouse.
I've never been there, but I'd like to go someday. Not only to sample some more strange-tasting horsebeans, but to also see the monstrosity and affront to nature that is called the Three Gorges Dam.
Now that I think about it, I think if I were to ever take the nap that needs no blanket, and the cause of death was from choking on strange-tasting horsebeans due to being too big while my mouth was eaten (Thanks!), I'd like my epitaph to say:
Here lies Eugene. He was a kind man. He kicked the bucket one day whilst eating some strange-tasting horsebeans. May he rest in peace.
Better yet, if whomever wrote it were to mix up the words a bit:
Here lies Eugene. He was a kind man. He kicked the bucket one day whilst eating some horse-tasting strangebeans. May he rest in peace.
The fun that can be had with Chinese snacks... "and hijinks ensued."
1 comment:
What happens if you plant them? Grow horses?
Post a Comment